Head of Engineering
Arcade is a Performance Engagement solution that improves employee productivity across teams using gamification. Our solution connects with the company’s core business applications to transform KPIs, and business goals into real-time gamified incentives, designed to build teams that are highly motivated and engaged.
We are looking for a director of engineering to lead our engineering department and help us build great products that serve our company mission of powering performance engagement for all people working in sales and service jobs.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident in managing our engineering teams while, at the same time, establishing goals, allocating resources and setting timelines for various projects. Develop and maintain engineering processes to increase quality, velocity, reliability, and accuracy of engineering work.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
● Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects (including engineering performance)
● Lead the agile software development phases of various projects, drive roadmap execution, and provide technical direction for active project(s) while planning for new ones.
● Hire engineers and coordinate their training
● Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
● Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
● Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
● Extensive experience with cloud technologies
● Champion of agile principles with experience utilizing the Scrum agile framework and best practices.
● Work closely with the product team to assist in prioritization, technical shaping and project scoping
● Experience managing remote engineering teams and projects
● Excellent asynchronous communications skills
● Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
● Good understanding of agile methodologies
● Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
● Excellent project management skills
● BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
Please Note: This role requires ongoing coordination with remote team members in both the US and Australia. As a result, you will be required to attend select meetings outside of US business hours
What’s in it for you?
● An opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and work alongside an incredible team of smart and supportive people. The chance to help shape the growth and development of the sales team.
● Our compensation is generous, and we are transparent on how you can grow your career at Arcade. When the business grows, we want you to be rewarded right alongside the company. Competitive salary + commission, stock options, and bonus.
● We believe you should have the best tools to do your job. We offer a generous technical stipend for equipment setup.
● Flexibility and security. We have team members all over the world and offer great flexibility with hours and working arrangements, as well as great health benefit options.
● It's all about making work productive and keeping teams engaged. This is why we enjoy monthly team activities, and weekly ‘coffee breaks’ just to unwind and talk about the newest shows to binge on Netflix or random trivia.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.